Friday, January 23, 2009

Missing you

I often hear the whispers of your sweet words,
The way you use to tell me what’s right from wrong,
Slowly caressing me as the baby I was,
Humming your sweet songs good night,
Sitting back makes me miss you more than words,
A drop of joy exists only because we know you no longer suffer,
But the thought of you gone makes the happiness disappear,
The emptiness from your presence makes forgetting you impossible,
The beautiful person you are inside out,
Makes the heart bleed as you no longer breathe the same air,
I just wish there was more I could do when you were here,
I do wonder now,
Where are you? Is it beautiful? What are you doing? Who’s looking after you? Do you still remember us?
I wish I could see you just one last time,
But I know there will never be a last time,
Cause I can’t let go,
I just wish you could come back,
Tell me it’s all okay,
Tell me that you’re happy,
Give me one last hug,
But I know the last will never end,
When I lay down at night,
I close my eyes and see your playful smile,
The way I had to force you to eat your fruits or your medicine or vegetables,
Even if I had to do it all over again I would,
Even for a hundred times,
If only it was possible,
I should’ve known you were going,
Being a fool of ignorant,
I didn’t see it coming,
If only you were a painting, i wish i could paint you back to life
Now I’m only left with a memory of you,
And that memory I will carry forever,
Loving you forever my dear Po-Po.

No comments: