Monday, May 19, 2014

The making of BRIDEZILLA (Yup! That's me!)

It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon on the 5th of October 2013, when the car broke down. Little did I know, my boyfriend at that time who is the man I call my husband today was nervous not because the car broke down, but he was going to propose just minutes away.
It was the sweetest proposal ever and also my very first time seeing him that nervous. Plus, he literally stuffed the ring in my hand because he was trembling. I remember celebrating with good people that day, and rocking in the chair in Alexis like a crazy person beaming with joy. Finally! I thought to myself. The man I want to spend the rest of my life with. And so the making of Bridezilla starts......................... First it was the parents meet up that almost gave me a panic attack. And before you know it, you just realize that your wedding will never truly be your wedding. That will come later part in the adventure of Bridezilla. First step: Wedding photo hunting. Finding that "perfect" bridal shop. We went to the wedding fair, and people were just hounding us. You couldn't walk two steps without them literally blocking your path. We, were just too annoyed to walk any further and decided to stop at one shop (and commit to it due to what we thought at the time "pleasant customer service relationship and perfect portfolio) IT WAS A NIGHTMARE. More to come later part. The name of this bridal house: VENUS SIGNATURE BRIDAL HOUSE. From JB, just opened up in KL.(SS2 to be precised)
Their portfolio was absolutely amazing. Note: WAS. As any sales person would do, the would promise you the world, but deliver close to nothing. Anyway, on the day we decided to commit to them, we were having a parents meeting earlier. And that was how the drama evolved. What I couldn't see was that my in-laws, were very traditional individuals. Slightly forceful, and my parents (Dad to be specific) is this guy who tries to "accommodate" too much. Well, he has always loved playing the good cop. So before the parents meeting, the hubs and I discussed with him on a few traditions that we'd truly like to avoid. To our dismay, he complied with the in-laws which put us in a very difficult position. I cried like a baby as we stormed off to the bridal house. I mean honestly, who wouldn't be pissed. We said no teapots and crap. And he did not object, nor agree...WHICH ALSO MEANT HE AGREED. The hubs and I were upset, lost and very very pissed. It wasn't a very good day that day. I remember getting frustrated and learning the roots of my in laws that I found hard to digest, due to the upbringing I was from. The worst part was the man we both loved, (the in laws and I) had to be in between us. Caught in a cross fire. The trip to the bridal house wasn't exactly a pleasant one too. We did not commit to them that day, but we did listen to a whole bunch of lies. They promised us what seemed like a bride's heaven, beautiful pictures, shoot in JB, three albums, canvas, number of gowns....blablablablablabla.....We still wanted to think about it so we left. Mistake we made, we did not take the paper the information was written on. Silly us! It's our first time getting married anyway! DUH. Well, my story ends here. Next on the making of Bridezilla, how drama unfolds and turns into a nightmare.

No comments: