Thursday, October 22, 2009

An eye opener

Today was a great eye opener for me..
I once was quoted saying.."Malaysian celebrities thinks that their big
shots but the truth is no one asks for their autograph when they walk
around because to our eyes they are nothing but to their eyes their on
top of everyone.SNOBS!"

However, today was different. Thanks to principles of interviewing class..
Our task was to interview a celebrity..At first i choose to interview a dude whose obsessed with himself, no time management and a FFK king...who thinks he is Malaysia's hot celebrity..LOL..I mean
honestly, who does he think he is, he hasn't appeared on any movies in the
cinema. And still he gives that DIVA attitude.

So, i then resorted to Lum Tuck Weng a.k.a Jack Lim. Mom knows his wife, so
she helped me set up an interview with them. Honestly, they were the nicest people..
and to imagine that i forgot to take a picture with him as evidence that i did
my work, i was so embarrassed and i didn't dare to call him back after i left
the cafe. To my amazement, he actually called me back and told me.."i think you
forgot to take a picture.(in cantonese of course.)"

I went back and took a picture with him (while he was eating and he got up immediately and swallowed his food so he wouldn't keep me waiting.)
I thanked him profusely and he just told me,
i didn't study much and i hope other who have the privilege to do so can excel. Whether it was from the heart or not, he can choose to not do the interview after rushing from his meeting, but yet he did and he spent almost two hours talking to me.
I guess i always kind of liked him when i saw him in those old HVD dramas, in the movie Ah Long and Love matters. And boy, i was kind of glad that i was his fan cause he didn't disappoint me at all.

I really couldn't digest why they were so obliging, sincere and nice.They even showed me a video of their baby boy, Lucas at 6 months saying his first word "papa" and at 7 months.."daddy"!I guess lil'll Lucas(who looks like a mixed chinese baby and is so dam adorable) inherited daddy's genes and mommy's good looks. He gave me really personal information including on how he proposed to his wife, his past and so much more.

In Malaysia, when you're a celebrity no one recognizes you, but i am so dam sure many chinese people recognize him especially when he has appeared in two of Jack Neoh's great movies.

He even told me that he took in the english name Jack because he was a Jack of all traits and a master of nothing. He had a very bright personality despite his tired face after a long day of work and i know he is the kind of person who never gives up. Nine years being in the entertainment industry, he made his grand entrance on the tenth year with the great support of his wife and he is still going dam strong after 16 years.

I just realized, it's their great humble and sincere attitude that brings them prosperity, happiness and love.





One of the nicest celebrities i know, this includes Miss Chinese International Pageant Malaysia 2007 or 2006 (i think), Annabelle Kong

Ps:And to whom it may concern, i've got my interview with a renowed MALAYSIAN REAL CELEBRITY and for you, I HOPE YOU FIND HUMBLENESS SOMEWHERE CAUSE BEING 30 AND CAR-LESS + A CELEBRITY IS SO NOT COOL. LET'S HOPE YOUR CHEAP HAIR CUT AND MOVIES WILL BRING YOU SOMEWHERE BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO ATTITUDE AT ALL. YOU'RE JUST A SHELL
AND YOU DON'T NEED AN EXTRAORDINARY PERSON TO KNOW YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE JUST SO PREDICTABLE. "CELEBRITY" STATUS SWELLED UP YOUR HEAD SO BIG THAT YOU CAN'T LOOK FURTHER THAN YOUR NOSE NO MORE.

No comments: